eNACSO will be in Brazil at IGF 2015!November 5, 2015
eNACSO will participate at IGF session ‘DATABASES, A TOOL TO DISRUPT THE DISSEMINATION OF CHILD ABUSE IMAGES IN DIGITAL ENVIRONMENTS’ on Tuesday, November 10 • 09:00 – 10:30
The session will address the types and purposes of the wide range of existing databases – image, hash value, etc. – and the role those repositories of data play in disrupting the circulation of child abuse images in digital environments. Examples will be shared on how law enforcement, online reporting mechanisms for illegal content and private companies use these databases to track, detect, block or store data for criminal investigation purposes. The session is also designed to explore existing challenges such as data sharing between data repositories, data corruption, and categorization of videos and images of child abuse.
- John Carr, European NGO Alliance for Child Safety Online
- Carolyn Nguyen, Microsoft
- Susie Hargreaves, Internet Watch Foundation
- Law enforcement representative
- MODERATOR: Marie-laure Lemineur, ECPAT International